HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL PACK 846 RULES FOR CAR CONSTRUCTION:
1. The car is to be built from the kit that is handed out at the Pack Meeting or your Den Meeting. No other cars or kits are permitted.
2. The car weight shall not exceed 5 ounces per the official “weigh in” scale.
3. The length of the car cannot be more than 7 inches.
4. The width of the car cannot exceed 2 3/4 inches.
5. The car must have 1 3/4 inches of clearance between the wheels.
6. The car must have 3/8 inches clearance underneath the body. (Ground Clearance).
7. The wood provided in the official B.S.A. kit must be used; store bought kits, scrap wood, etc. will not be allowed. The block may be formed into any shape.
8. The wheels supplied with the kit must be used; they may not be cut, drilled, rounded, or beveled. You are allowed to remove the manufacturing seem.
9. The axles that are supplied with the kit must be used, and the axles must be used in their pre-cut locations. Do not re-locate the axles. The axles may be polished and lubricated with a dry lubricant.
10. Wheel bearings, washers, or bushings are prohibited.
11. The car cannot have any springs or other type of suspension.
12. The car must be freewheeling without any starting devices or propulsion of any kind.
13. No loose material may be used, such as lead shot or mercury capsules. Everything on the car must be secured, for example, figures, fenders, etc.
14. Cars can be painted any way you want as long as it is not offensive.
15. Each car will pass a thorough inspection at the official weigh in, any cars found in violation of the above rules will not be allowed to race. 1
16. The front of the car may not be cut out or “notched”.
There are no exceptions to these rules!!!